On Sunday 8th July at General Synod in York, there is to be a debate on the ethics of nuclear weapons.
We have produced and APF paper putting forward more of the theological points on nuclear weapons.
This is the first time since 2007 that nuclear weapons have been debated and the focus of the debate is the UN Treaty to Prohibit Nuclear Weapons. It is important that members of Synod know that many Anglicans support the elimination of nuclear weapons. Christian CND is hosting a fringe meeting at York on Saturday, 7 July at 12.45pm. APF is therefore calling on Anglicans to:
- Write to your Bishop
- Contact your Synod members – lay and clergy
- Invite them to attend and participate in the debate and attend the CCND fringe meeting
- Ask other Anglicans to also write
- Pray for those taking part in the debate
- Let us know at the APF Oxford Office about actions you have taken
For those of you in the York area, if you are able to attend the Synod for either the 7th or 8th July, please let the APF Oxford Office know.